Search Victrola Cola

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Douchepocalypse Now: My Experience At The Strangest Reds Loss Ever

So I can't make this post long.  I just can't.  It's 5:28 a.m. and I just returned from Philadelphia after spending the entire day Saturday eating cheese steaks and watching baseball. 

What kind of baseball, you ask?  Reds fucking baseball, where we lost for the third straight game in extra innings in glorious walk off fashion.  That sucks, and hurts me to my very fucking soul. 

However, besides a loss, what I did see tonight was a Reds rookie pitcher almost get himself a perfect game in his third start.  I did see Roy Halladay pitch nine shut out innings.  I did see both of these pitchers get a NO DECISION.  That's what I saw. 

The Phillies ended up winning, yes.  It hurts me to say that, once again.  However, to watch a duel like the one I saw tonight makes me truly believe that bullshit about this being the year of the pitcher. 

Travis Wood's cutter was unhittable, Halladay continuously worked out of jams.  It was glorious.  Both guys brought their A-game.  I was literally about to throw up after every single pitch.  Holy Moly.

Now, if the Reds can salvage one game from this series against Cole Hamels, I'll be truly satisfied. 

Onward

- Terrence Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment